Understanding Natural Birth.
- Natural birth, commonly known as Normal delivery, is when a woman chooses to give birth to her baby naturally without any surgical operation.
- As the gestation period nears completion, the expecting mother has to prepare herself, emotionally and mentally, to deliver the baby when her water breaks and labor pains commence.
- There are many techniques for delivering the baby – Gynecologist attended hospital birth, Midwife attended home birth, Water Birth and Caesarean Section.
- Now-a-days there is a trend in opting for Caesarean sections for childbirth.
- The reasons can be many. In some cases, due to high risk pregnancies C-section is recommended. But sometimes women also opt for C-section to avoid the pain of labor.
- It is completely an individual’s choice as led by the consulting gynecologist.
Benefits of Natural Birth of a Child
- Natural birth has numerous positive psychological impacts. The skin-to-skin contact of the mother and the baby, right after the natural birth is good for both the mother and the baby.
- Researches have shown that the skin-to-skin contact between mother and the baby strengthens their bond, reduces the crying tendencies of the baby and help mothers in successful breastfeeding.
- It is an unparallelled experience for a woman to give birth to her baby, whom she has borne for nine months, naturally.