To-be- mommies are always excited, curious about different things for their little one’s well being and in all this they forget their own care. But modern moms have understood the importance of being active pre-partum and post-partum. There might be questions that come to their mind like how to plan exercising every day during pregnancy. Physical movements and exercise are mandatory activities that not only improve physical fitness but also help reduce mental stress and prevents depression(which is most likely to occur during pregnancy). Such prenatal workout also helps the mother with common discomforts and prepares your body for delivery and labor.
Pregnancy and exercise?
It’s a myth that pregnant women should not exercise. There are special workout techniques for Preggers and are safe in normal pregnancy cases. Doctors advise a minimum of 10 minutes of workout every day for expecting mommies and avoid sedentary or complete bed rest in normal cases. They say If you were active before your pregnancy its more likely normal and healthier on the side when you get pregnant.
This exercise is not for weight loss during pregnancy. It’s good to gain a healthy weight during pregnancy, but working out during pregnancy also helps you shed off your postpartum weight after your delivery. Best prenatal exercises don’t risk normal pregnancies at all, but you should for obvious avoid heavy weights and rigorous workouts. Do consult your doctor for the best prenatal exercises before starting.
Benefits of exercise during pregnancy
Even if you work out for 10 mins or 30 mins, the most important thing is to get the blood flowing in your body. To actually get the plan of exercising executed, you need to plan the time and days you’re going to do the best prenatal exercises. Prenatal yoga is a low impact regimen that is highly beneficial during pregnancy.
- Reduces backaches
- Eases constipation
- Reduces swelling and bloating
- Also may prevent gestational diabetes
- Improves your energy, posture, and mood
- Promotes muscle tone and endurance
- Helps you have a good sleep
Choosing a routine during pregnancy
There are many prenatal workout & exercise that are safe to do, but it is important not to overdo it and to use caution.
Your baby is not in direct contact with the uterus but floats in the amniotic sac, which is inside the uterus. This is the barrier between you and the developing baby that prevents any damage to the zygote. But even with this protection, it is recommended for pregnant mothers to avoid high-impact exercise.
Avoid these types of workout while you are pregnant:
- Avoid falling or playing a sport that causes tripping
- Exercise can cause any abdominal trauma
- Activities that require extensive jumping/hopping
- Bouncing while stretching
- Twisting waist while standing
- Exercise when the climate is hot and humid
- do not hold your breath for an extended period of time
- Do not exercise to the point of exhaustion
- Wear comfortable clothes and a good supportive bra
- Choose shoes that are relaxing and comfortable
- Pregnancy Exercises on a flat surface to prevent any kind of injury
- Eat enough healthy calories to meet the needs of your pregnancy, as well as, your exercise program
- Do not exercise immediately after eating
- See a pregnancy nutritionist
- Drink plenty of water
- Get up slowly and gradually after you work out to prevent dizziness
Exercises beneficial during pregnancy
It is a must to contact your gynecologist before you start your exercise routine. If they ask you not to work out or you are unable to do it yourself, try at least Walking.
Squats are really good for the baby as it opens your and help your baby descend, so practice squatting. For more such updates, follow care24.