Ignoring a back ache can have drastic consequences, and in some cases, it can be so severe that the damage caused can be irreversible. A lower back pain should be treated immediately and given the right amount of professional care and attention.
Here Are 4 Reasons Why You Should Never Ignore Your Back Pain
- When your body needs attention, the peripheral and spinal nerves send out pain waves. If you do not take the required steps, it can lead to serious complications.
- When the nerves are compressed for a long period of time, it can break down the protective barriers around them and cause fluid build-up. This, in turn, can lead to complications such as swelling, scarring and extra pressure on the nerves.
- All of the above factors can lead to severe nerve damage and can prevent them from performing their role.
- When you live with back pain, it can lead to adverse effects on your mental, physical and sexual health. As a result, it can cause serious disruption in your regular lifestyle.
- Back pain can also reduce your capacity to exercise and can further lead to obesity, put extra pressure on your heart and also reduce your immunity towards diseases.
- Even though it may not seem like a life-threatening problem, it can create difficulty in performing simple daily tasks such as playing with your kids, taking the dog out for a walk, enjoying a swim or a quick game of cricket with friends.
- To compensate for your back pain, your spine and muscles will get accustomed to stay in a hunched position, while your head protrudes forward.
- When that happens, it will exert extra pressure on your neck muscles to support the weight of your drooping head.
- As a result, it can lead to various problems such as neck and back pain, cervical arthritis, vertebral bone spurs, headaches, respiratory complications and more.
- In many situations, a persistent back pain can also lead to a slip disc or herniated disc. Once this happens, it can have a negative impact on your overall health as well as on your lifestyle.
- If you do not treat your slip disc on time, it can lead to permanent nerve damage and may also permanently cut off nerve impulses to the lower back and leg areas. As a result, you can experience difficulty in maintaining control over your bladder.
- Not treating your slip disc can also lead to a condition known as saddle anaesthesia, where you can lose sensation around the back of your legs and inner thighs.
- It would be an understatement to say that your lower back pain demands your immediate attention and professional care. If you are experiencing any form of pain in your lower back, consult a professional immediately before it is too late.