Instead of telling you what you can or cannot achieve and what to plan for, check out our list of effective tips you can follow through the entire year that will help you work on your fitness levels as well as improve your overall health.
10 Health Tips You Should Vow To Follow
- Use The Stairs – Start taking the stairs instead of the elevator or the escalator, at home, office or malls. Start by walking up the stairs when you do it the first few times, as it will help build up your stamina and also strengthen your knee muscles and ligaments. Once you have some practice, start climbing down the stairs as well.
- Make Time For Walk Smartly – Instead of using your car or two wheeler for your everyday travel even to nearby areas, make the walking shoe your best travel companion. Walk to your office if it is anywhere within 4 to 5 kilometres of where you stay. If you cannot work so much or think that you will need to change out of sweaty clothes, walk half the way and then take some mode of travel.
- Shut Off Gadgets – Set an alarm time for each day when you will shut down all your gadgets, including your mobile phone, television as well as your laptop or computer. Make sure that you do this at least an hour before you are scheduled to sleep.
- Get More Sleep – Bring up your sleep time by at least an hour and try to push back your wake-up time by at least 30 minutes if you can, to get more sleep and help your body rest and recuperate.
- Start Doing Planks – Add some or the other variation of a plank exercise to your everyday workout. You could either go for regular planks or mountain planks or running planks, side planks, or absolutely any version that works for you. Try 3 sets of about 2 minutes each day and gradually increase the intensity if you wish.
- Eat Fresh – Locate a farmer’s market in your area and start walking there every day or every alternate day to buy fresh produce. Not only will it be a good way to exercise, you will also be able to make more meals at home using fresh vegetables, instead of buying the frozen and pre-cut variety from the malls, or storing up a week’s worth of vegetables that lose their freshness and nutrition.
- Get Tested – Prepare a list of important health checks ups that you should go for each year and tape it at a place that you will be able to see every day. One of the best areas to put it up is your refrigerator. You can also set an alarm or add it in your online schedule planner to remind you when it is time to visit the doctor and get yourself examined. Also remember to get an AIDS test done every 6 months.
- Breast Self-Examination – Follow the breast self-examination method at home at least once in every 6 months. To do so, stand in front of the mirror after removing clothes from your upper body. Raise one arm up over your head and examine the area around your breasts and underarm to check for any lumps. Do the same with the other side. In addition, make sure you visit your gynecologist at least once in every 4 to 5 months to make sure everything is fine.
- Practice Physiotherapy – Meet a physiotherapist and understand about the importance of various easy exercises that can benefit your overall health. Also, remember that you do not need to visit a physiotherapist only in case of an injury. Anyone can benefit from a physiotherapy session, child and adult alike.
- Reduce The Fizz – Stay away from fizzy drinks as much as you can, and instead go for fresh fruit juices, tender coconut water and smoothies that will work wonders on your overall health.