A vegan diet is proven to be one of the healthiest ways to live. Care24 helps you understand the benefits and myths related to Vegan Diet.
Benefits of Vegan Diet
Vegan Diet has immense benefits – for people of all age groups across all demographies.
- Vegan Diet is rich in fiber, proteins and nutrients like carbohydrates, minerals and vitamins. It is easily digestible.
- Plant-based diets contain enough of fresh fruits, vegetables, legumes, whole grains, soybeans, nuts and seeds. Vegan diet often relies on these healthy staples, they tend to be higher in vitamins, minerals, and fiber.
- Healthy vegan diets are abundant with Vitamins B1, C, and E, folic acid, and iron while also being low in cholesterol and saturated fats.
- A plant based vegan diet can reduce the risk of principles from conditions such as Cardiovascular disease: Diabetes, Hypertension,Stroke and Obesity.
- Vegan diet is healthy for anyone across all age groups, including children, pregnant ladies, lactating women, and the elderly.
- Vegan Diet helps in keeping your BMI under check. Vegan diet also helps in weight loss.
- Since vegan diet is composed of everything natural, it helps in a healthier skin, high energy levels and also promotes relief in migraines and allergies.
Myths related to Vegan Diet
Many myths and misconceptions are associated with Vegan Diet, which are actually not true. It is important to understand those myths and clear your understanding of the vegan diet.
- The health benefits of vegan diet are due to avoiding animal foods: False.
- Saturated fat and cholesterol are harmful substances: False.
- A Vegan Diet is the only diet proven to reserve heart disease: False (Many other diets are beneficial for heart diseases too)
- Animals protein is harmful: It is often claimed by vegans that animal protein causes harm. But this is not true.
- Humans are not ‘Designed’ to eat animals: Some vegans claim that humans are naturally herbivores and that our bodies are not re-design to eat animals.This is completely false. Humans and pre-humans have been eating meat for millions of years.
- Meat causes heart disease, diabetes and cancer: Meat is an old food and these health problems are comparatively new. Blaming new health problems for our old health diet makes absolutely no sense.
Read More – Facts about Vegan Diet