(1) Consent and explanation to the patient.
(2) Preparation for the female urethral catheterization.
(3) The procedure of urinary catheterization female.
(4) Female catheterization after-care.
As men and women have a significant difference in their anatomical structure of the pelvis; therefore, the procedure is different in either of the cases.
• There is no control over the urine outflow.
• When there is incontinency while urinating.
• On retention of urine.
There are several reasons which can stop an individual from urinating by themselves. Some of the specific reasons are as follows:
1. When there is a blockage in the flow of urine to the bladder due to the presence of blood clots, kidney stones, and prostate gland enlargement.
2. When a prior surgery is conducted on the prostate gland.
3. If there are any prior surgery done to the genital area as a result of fracture of the hip and hysterectomy.
4. If there are any active injuries pertaining to the bladder nerves.
5. Dementia, a condition that impairs the mental functionality in an individual.
6. Prior medications that impose an effect resulting in refraining from the ability of the bladder muscles to squeeze. This causes the urine present in the bladder to stay and remain inside the bladder.
7. In case an individual is suffering from Spinal Bifida.
Why choose our nursing services?
GNM and ANM Nurses
Monitoring and Intervention
24 hrs Nursing Services
Care24 can provide in-home services and can help in easing the process of urinary catheterization a home with the most professional help in the medical sector. Care24 can provide the same comfort at homes without the patient having to actually travel places or face any injury while self-implement the catheter. Any individual who has the need of either male or female catheterization at their homes, a simple call will help to get a representative nurse to reach the doorsteps in the shortest possible time. The nurses are efficient in safely executing the process of urethral catheterization. They also serve the patients with the best possible information and guide them with the knowledge towards that maintenance of the catheter.
A simple call to Care24 will enable the professional nurse to reach out to the customer's place and take care of all the needs for the catheterization.